[j-nsp] DWDM SFP+ Finisar

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Apr 2 13:43:42 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 11:45:59AM -0300, Giuliano Medalha wrote:
> People,
>
> Does anyone has some experience using SFP+ (10G) DWDM Finisar (3 party
> optics) in JUNIPER products ?  For 40Km or 80 Km ?

Yes.

> Following:
>
> http://www.finisar.com/sites/default/files/pdf/FINISAR_WDM_Reference_Guide_Jun2008.pdf
>
> It works normally in MX240/480/960 or EX4550 ?

I've used it just fine in MX960.

> Did you test it ?  It works normally ?

Yes.

> Any other reference on Mini-Gbic SFP+ DWDM 10G that works ?

Every single SX/LX/SR/LR/LH/EX/ZX/CWDM/DWDM optic I've thrown at an MX
or EX has worked.  I've heard of issues from other people only with
copper 1000Base-T SFPs, for which the switch/router may have
compatibility problems depending on how certain functions are
implemented regarding link detection and autonegotiation.

I've specifically used Finisar DWDM 80/120km SFPs, Nortel-branded
Avago, Agilent and Finisar LX SFPs, Nortel-branded OCP CWDM SFPs,
Transition Networks CWDM 80km SFP+, Integra Networks CWDM 80km SFP and
SFP+, MRV CWDM 80km SFP.