[j-nsp] SA SSL VPN vulnerable to Heartbleed?

Matthew Tighe wldsbn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:53:25 EDT 2014

Just released http://kb.juniper.net/JSA10623

---

Sounds like an advisory is coming today:

"The Juniper SIRT is fully aware of the vulnerability and Engineering is working on fixes for affected releases of Junos OS and IVE OS.  Juniper will be providing an out-of-cycle advisory (JSA) on this issue later today (April 8th, 2014).  Junos OS 13.3 and above use OpenSSL 1.0.1 which is affected by this vulnerability, while earlier versions use OpenSSL 0.9.8 and are unaffected by this vulnerability.  SA 7.4r1 and UAC 4.4r1 are also confirmed as vulnerable, since they use OpenSSL 1.0.1.   PR 981102 has been submitted for Junos to upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.1g, and PR 981148 has been submitted for IVE OS to disable TLS heartbeat.

SSL VPN (IVEOS) 7.3, 7.2, and 7.1 are not vulnerable"