[j-nsp] RSVP path messages and loopback firewall filters

Antoine Versini antoine.versini at corp.nerim.net
Tue Apr 22 06:40:56 EDT 2014

Hi Rob,

RSVP messages transiting through a P-router go through the RE. If you have filters set on your loopback, you must allow the IP addresses of the PE's speaking to each other through that P-router.

Here is my configuration regarding transit RSVP. Term "Accept" is intended for router's local IP addresses and uses prefix-lists generated with apply-path, since "Accept-Other-Routers" is the one regarding transiting RSVP packets.

show configuration interfaces lo0
description "xxx";
unit 0 {
    family inet {
        filter {
            input-list [ Fragments Accepted-Services BGP BFD VRRP OSPF RSVP TCP-Established DEFAULT ];
        }
        address xxx/32;
    }
}

show configuration firewall family inet filter RSVP
apply-flags omit;
term Accept {
    from {
        destination-prefix-list {