[j-nsp] OSPF external routes in database but not in routing table

Mohammad Salbad masalbad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:13:44 EDT 2014

Dear Experts

we have an MX router connected to a service provider network which provides
us with OSPF
L3VPN connectivity with remote branches.

at the beginning we used to have our connection with the provider into a
routing instance
with type virtual router and we were able to receive external routes from
remote
branches from our provider ospf link.

for special purposes we decided to change the instance type to be vrf in our
MX  router.

once we have changed the instance type to be vrf external routes received
through our
provider connection are no longer in the routing table although they are in
the ospf
data base????

Below is a sample of ospf database for one of the external routes which were
not injected in routing table

Extern   10.10.10.10   1.1.1.1   0x80003a74   893  0x82 0x347d  36

  mask 255.255.255.252

  Topology default (ID 0)

    Type: 2, Metric: 1, Fwd addr: 0.0.0.0, Tag: 0.0.0.0

  Aging timer 00:45:07

  Installed 00:14:52 ago, expires in 00:45:07

  Last changed 01:03:59 ago, Change count: 1

Any Ideas???

Regards

M. Salbad