[j-nsp] Are there any conditions where a forwarding engine will reboot on a Branch SRX when enabling netflow?

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Wed Aug 20 12:47:23 EDT 2014

Hi, the title just about sums it up but the details are this.  I have several different offices with various sized SRX firewalls.  I am enabling inline flow sampling on each per the Juniper KB article.  It doesn’t mention any possible reboots like you get when enabling inline sampling on an MX.  In the MX case the PFE reboots to reprogram the table size.  In the SRX there’s no table size set and appears no reboots but I want to confirm that before I start dropping configs during business hours.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  I don’t see anything while googling but wanted to make sure from the experts here.  Any comments would be most appreciated.

Thank you
Scott