[j-nsp] Using the FXP for flow sources

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Thu Aug 21 13:09:43 EDT 2014

Hi,
	So I’m still a bit confused on what can or can’t be used in the flow monitoring processes.  In this case I have an SRX 3600 with a routing instance.  I found a config example that illustrates how to enable flow sampling in this type of environment.  It specifically mentions that you use a source IP with in the global routing table and not the instance.  In my case the only interface I have in the global instance is fxp0.0 (management).  I have read in the case of the MX you can’t use the management interface asa flow source.  I haven’t been able to find anything regarding the SRX.  Is FXP0 a valid source for flow monitoring or do I need to create another interface, maybe a loopback, with in the global instance?  Also, is there a good document that details better the limitations of flow monitoring on the SRX.  I’ve found some bits and pieces but nothing centralized.  Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Scott