[j-nsp] rpm / ip-monitoring

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Fri Aug 29 08:05:54 EDT 2014

Okay, I'm still sure this can be made to work ; )

I'm still a little hazy on your setup though - based on your email:
You have a local line which gets an address via DHCP and a default gateway with a preference of 12
You then also receive another default via BGP over an IPSEC tunnel over this same local line interface with a preference of 170
You then have an MPLS service/Native VPN which receives another BGP-sourced default route, presumably also with a preference of 170

If that is the case, configure a static with high preference (>170) pointing to your MPLS service/Native VPN, and override this with the lower preference route via your ip-monitoring policy on local-line/Internet failure - it should still work exactly as described, unless I'm missing something else?

Ben