[j-nsp] NETCONF vs SNMP for monitoring

Tyler Christiansen tyler at adap.tv
Sat Aug 30 12:30:23 EDT 2014

SNMP is less resource-intensive and faster than NETCONF.  I would use SNMP
for the things you can and NETCONF for the things you can't.  If you
consider NETCONF, it would probably be best to do so in a threaded,
asynchronous, or multi-process fashion.  I've seen a few SNMP pollers that
don't use threads or multiple processes or callbacks, and they can get away
with it.  I don't think NETCONF can.

--tc