[j-nsp] 2x10GE ports on SCBE2 and per slot bandwidth on SCBE/SCBE2

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 05:22:50 EST 2014

Hi
I just planning to upgrade few of my MX480 to SCBE2 (due to MPE4/32x10G).

I noticed that on SCBE2 I have 2x10GE ports on-board. Are they normal 10GE
line ports with all features ?

Second how much bandwidth per slot is provided by SCBE/SCBE2 ?
What I see :
1) SCBE - 260Gbps per slot in both directions (in+out) -> 13x10GE line-rate
2) SCBE2 - 520Gbps in both directions ?
3) What about redundant and non-redundant SCBE/SCBE2 configurations, do I
have less per slot bandwidth in redundant configuration ?

Rob