[j-nsp] Move traffic to strict-priority-queue on MX

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Dec 1 07:47:36 EST 2014

On Monday, December 01, 2014 12:24:50 PM Robert Hass wrote:

> Nothing. Probably this is my problem. What I should
> define in class-of-service ?
> Assign particular traffic (DSCP) to specific queues ?

Well, Junos, by default, will have QoS setup as 95% be and
5% nc. This will not be very useful to the setup you want.

I'd suggest spending some time reading up on the CoS (Class
of Service) subject on Juniper's web site, so you can get a
better handle on what you need to do.

There is quite a bit of work you'll need to accomplish in
order to get your desired result. The remarking you're doing
on ingress is fine, but it's not of much use without your
outbound scheduling policies, which happens under [class-of-
service].

Mark.