[j-nsp] Transfer some task from MX to VRR

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:41:54 EST 2014

>I think vMX can forward data.

vMX indeed will be full-featured router. But my questions was related to
move part of control-plane (basically whole BGP part of rpd) to external
server. Maybe OpenFlow somehow helps here ? How openflow take care of eBGP
to customers ? Session should be on router or on OpenFlow controller ? OF
v1.3 just has been implemented in JunOS 14.x releases for MX series.

BTW. Are anyone participating in vMX beta-trial ?

Rob