[j-nsp] Transfer some task from MX to VRR

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:15:03 EST 2014

They're both different products.

VRR is already available. It's pure control-plane without forwarding-plane.
Let's something like JCS1200 but for own Hypervisor deployment.
vMX is full featured router with same control-plane as VRR have. Same like
Cisco CSR 1000V or Brocade vRouter 5400/5600.

So VRR == vMX without forwarding-plane. Maybe cost wise VRR will be cheaper
than vMX, don't know. We will see in Q1 2015 when vMX should be available.

Rob