[j-nsp] MPC3E oversubscribe rate with two 10x10GE MICs

louis.poncin at orange.com louis.poncin at orange.com
Sun Dec 7 02:51:21 EST 2014

Nope. If you have enough "bandwidth" available you can use both 1x100G+2x10G mics linerate (same for 10x10G+20x1G). Yet what may make the difference is rather the packet size and pps. If you have a high rate of 64bytes packets you may encounter drops on the 1x100G mic. Yet I am not sure of this. This is what happens on MPC4E combo cards for the port 4x10G and 1x100G that share the same ASIC (See David Roy's web site "junosandme" for further explanations)

Envoyé depuis mon Radiocom 3000