[j-nsp] MVPN and anycast-rp

Daniel Rohan drohan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:41:13 EST 2014

Hi all,

We currently run anycast-rp in our master routing instance. As such, we
maintain a full mesh of MSDP between all of the RPs.

I'm looking to integrate internet multicast into an L3VPN and wondering if
I can get the same functionality out of the Juniper MVPN protocol/config
chunk. Ie,  will the 'set routing-instances blah protocols mvpn'
configuration stanza provide the same functionality as a full mesh of MSDP
within the VRFs, or do I need to re-create the full-mesh in order to keep
anycast-rp state consistent  within the context of a bgp mvpn?

I can't seem to find any documentation that speaks to this point
specifically.

Thanks,

Dan