[j-nsp] MX480 SCB firmware issue

Dave Peters - Terabit Systems Dave at terabitsystems.com
Tue Dec 23 17:23:16 EST 2014

Hi all--

Pardon my stupidity, but I'm getting the following error on a new (purchased used) SCB for an MX480 running the recommended software release (12.3R6.6):

1 alarm currently active
Alarm time               Class  Description
2014-12-23 21:50:13 UTC  Major  CB 0 FPGA Revision unsupported

In looking over the Juniper documentation, there's a "request system firmware" command to update the SCB, but unfortunately, I'm not seeing that option (meaning "request system ?" doesn't reveal firmware as a possibility). I'm also not seeing any specific BIOS/firmware files in the download section of the Juniper MX Series portion of the Juniper website.

Can anyone take pity on me and give me some pointers on how to update the firmware and clear that error?

As always, much appreciated.

--Dave Peters