[j-nsp] juniper qfx5100 vs ex9200

Randy Manning rmanning at packetdesign.com
Tue Dec 23 22:55:30 EST 2014

People,

Any advice on a distribution layer switch for campus networks?  juniper
qfx5100 vs ex9200?  I am not sure what the requirements need to be a
priority.  The core is MX 960 and currently routing.  I am thinking about
campus distro¹s becoming PE with TE and allowing the core¹s to label
switch only?  Given the current network and possible change, which
platform is the best?  Qfx or ex?

Data centers are working well with q-fabric, but I understand that has
been abandoned by juniperŠ. Which is sadŠ I liked the eVPN BGP NLRI design.

Thanks,
-----
Randy