[j-nsp] move routes from VRF to inet.0

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Tue Feb 4 05:31:59 EST 2014

Hi Mike,

also what we do here.

However, that was not that easy, we observed that a discard route imported to another vrf via auto-export on the same box was imported with its next-hop, that is... discard, instead of triggering an additional lookup in the internet table (what we use on some Ericsson/Redback routers in the same MPLS network).
We ended up to find a way with some stupidly overcomplicated tricks (next-table route imported from a third vrf only used to contain such next-table routes with vrf-no-advertise, preventing its readvertisement once imported, while taking advantage of that next-table routes are more preferred than discard routes in a Junos RIB, etc...) leaving us with a nicely working but outrageously complicated config (but sometimes I suspect that it's the Junos Signature...).

So, I'm rather curious to know the way you implemented that, in fact :)
But maybe the routes you import are not discard?

regards,
Olivier