[j-nsp] Setting RTBH next-hop at RR for L3VPN routes

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Feb 8 18:30:20 EST 2014

On 08/02/2014 20:21, OBrien, Will wrote:
> Tag your discard and use the tag to set a community. Then the
> community can be used to take the desired action.

I'm not entirely sure I follow you and/or I've made myself clear. I
understand how to inject the RTBH routes and attach a community.

The issue is that I'm trying to get many (20+) RR clients to honour the
RTBH BGP routes *inside* an L3VPN routing instance. I can override the
next-hop at the RR client, but that involves touching a lot of routers.

I'm asking if I can override the next-hop on the 2 RRs, which is
currently failing because the RRs are refusing to emit the route, as
they can't allocate an MPLS label (even though the label will never be
used).

So, what I'm asking is: how can I override an inet-vpn next-hop at a
route-reflector, when the next-hop is not a "real" PE.