[j-nsp] VLAN's on EX4300 with 13.2X50-D15.3

Jonathan Thurman jthurman at newrelic.com
Wed Feb 19 16:29:55 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:53 PM, ryanL <ryan.landry at gmail.com> wrote:

> instability while in vc and/or update beyond 30 days kinda sound like
> table-stake issues to me.

Yeah, as an early adopter this was a bit spicy, but we had an extended
burn-in phase since it was a new platform so it wasn't impactful.

That said, JTAC was quick to identify the issue and get a new code rev
pushed out.  D17 resolved our ~30 day issue (CPU would spike to 100% on one
route engine), and now D18 is out.

And as others have already pointed out, the 4x10G and 4x40G make it much
attractive for future expansion.  I've been very pleased with the platform
over the last two months.

-Jonathan