[j-nsp] packets reclassification basing on src/dst ASN

Darren Baginski kickbsd at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 20 17:16:51 EST 2014

Hello!

I'm trying to do some packet reclassification basing on source / destination ASN.

I've tried sample I've found on stackexchange on my lab MX960/12.3R3-S1

set class-of-service forwarding-policy class POLICY-1 classification-override forwarding-class network-control
set policy-options policy-statement MARK-POLICY-1 term term-1 to as-path BGP-PATH-TO-MARK-COS
set policy-options policy-statement MARK-POLICY-1 term term-1 then class POLICY-1
set routing-options forwarding-table export MARK-POLICY-1
set policy-options as-path BGP-PATH-TO-MARK-COS "65512 .*
set class-of-service interfaces ge-5/2/0 unit 0 rewrite-rules inet-precedence default

There are two ASN peers with that router - 65512, 65513, 65510 is router itself.
Example works as expected - packet to AS65512 get their tos rewritten and tcpdump shows that.
However, if I try to revers a logic and want to remark all packets to 65512 that's does not work:

set policy-options policy-statement MARK-POLICY-1 term term-1 from as-path BGP-PATH-TO-MARK-COS

Looks like nothing but '.*' matches for 'from' stanza.
Tried the same with the prefixes - same story: 'to' - worked , 'from' - not.
What could be wrong ?