[j-nsp] apply-path regex for specific interface matching

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Feb 25 17:42:54 EST 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate a prefix-list for all CE-facing interfaces on a PE (assume L3VPN).

As a test, I'm just trying to match all ge interfaces, but the following returns no match at all:

prefix-list CE-LINKS {
    apply-path "interfaces ge-<*> unit <*> family inet address <*>";
}

I've tried both ge<*>, ge-<*> but no luck either way, and as soon as I remove "ge-", I get all interface prefixes as expected.

I vaguely remember a post here on this a while back, but I haven't been able to track it down and google/Juniper docs are not providing any info.

Is anyone aware of 1) a solution, or 2) any docs that go through what regex is actually available in apply-path?

Thanks,

Ben