[j-nsp] Configuring in-band management over trunk interfaces in EX2200

Paul S. contact at winterei.se
Fri Feb 28 05:31:00 EST 2014

Hi guys,

In a bit of a bind here, what's the recommended way to configure in-band
strictly management interface over a trunk port on the EX2200?

I've been trying various formations of the following -- but it doesn't
even register an arp entry on the l3 router.

However, if I move the unit 137 stanza from vlan.137 directly to ae0
(Removing its trunk status in the process), and config it with
vlan-tagging, and vlan-id 137 -- it becomes accessible just fine, and
can route traffic.

At its current state, the RVI virtual interface refuses to even go
online, presumably because of the lack of a member interface in
vlan-137. However, I don't want to route anything over this -- so I
don't have anything to assign as an 'interface' here.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

## Last commit: 2013-10-29 19:59:12 UTC by root
version 11.4R5.5;

chassis {
     aggregated-devices {
         ethernet {