[j-nsp] urpf

thomas.bowlby thomas.bowlby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 17:03:57 EST 2014

Installing some juniper routers as borders and need specifically RTBH functionality.
This was accomplished by upgrading code to > 12.1 (specifically 12.3R4.5) and including
'set forwarding-options rpf-loose-mode-discard family inet'
'set forwarding-options rpf-loose-mode-discard family inet6'

Issue running up against is the current need to have a default (although as of today we receive full-tables) and if source is not in table and hits the default route is discarded.

I don’t see a option similar to other vendor for allow-default.
current solution seems to include two different statics for 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1.
other options I’m unaware of?

Thank you