[j-nsp] Performing a junos-style diff offline

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jan 4 11:01:12 EST 2014

Does anyone know of a tool or code to do this? I'm writing some
Junoscript to maintain the security config on our SRX from a database,
and would like to be able to compare pairs of devices which should,
after the updates, be identical but may end up with slight unmanaged
differences.

Getting it in junos-style, rather than plain old diff, would allow the
differences to be resolved by operator intervention and "load patch".

Alternatively, is there a Junoscript RPC which can be used to diff
against a remote URL? I don't want to have to load the "other" config
via <load-configuration> as some of these are (very) large, and that's
relatively slow.