[j-nsp] Procedure for upgrade routing engines.

Bikram Singh sbikram at live.com
Wed Jan 8 11:13:39 EST 2014

Below link demonstrates the upgrade process

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.2/topics/task/configuration/64-bit-junos-upgrading.html

Bikram

From: mark.tinka at seacom.mu
To: m.khachatryan at gnc.am
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 16:24:38 +0200
CC: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Procedure for upgrade routing engines.

On Wednesday, January 08, 2014 03:27:09 PM Misak Khachatryan
wrote:

> I mean You have two identical REs with GRES/NSR enabled.
> Then if You replace one of REs with another type without
> disabling GRES/NSR in a minute or so shit hits the
> vents.

Right - so two issues here:

	1. The "minute or so" problem on RE's running the
	   same Junos kernel.

	2. Different RE's that require different Junos
	   kernels (one 32-bit, another 64-bit).

Mark.