[j-nsp] NTP Reflection

Chad Myers Chad.Myers at theice.com
Tue Jan 14 17:57:47 EST 2014

Loopback address isn't explicitly assigned to an interface.  Assigning it resolves various issues.  See http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Ethernet-Switching/NTP-Not-working/m-p/224757.
set interfaces lo0.0 family inet address 127.0.0.1/32

As for NTP, and other stuff for the RE itself, I use same approach by explicitly putting 127.0.0.1/32 in the prefix-list.  I originally did it because not all of the apply-path lists had the underlying configuration, resulting in an empty prefix-list that matched anything.  Now, almost any apply-path based prefix list will have the loopback address specified.

set policy-options prefix-list MY-NTP_SERVERS 127.0.0.1/32
set policy-options prefix-list MY-NTP_SERVERS apply-path "system ntp server <*>"

-Chad