[j-nsp] Mutli-Chassis LAG is not supported on SRX cluster

Jens Rosenboom me at jayr.de
Mon Jan 20 05:33:11 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 05:37:11AM +0000, OBrien, Will wrote:
> I'm gonna go ahead and say nope.
>
> SRX supports reth with active/passive nodes.
> It doesn't support a lag that uses both nodes active/active as part of the same ae.
>
> You can build a reth with multiple ports that uses LACP to build a lag on each node however.
>
> I recommend not using AE at all on SRX. It will bring you pain. Just build them as reth. You can configure LACP on the reth to bundle the links.

As the docs from Juniper about LACP+reth

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1/topics/concept/interface-security-aggregated-ethernet-lacp-chassis-cluster-understanding.html

are not very enlightening, you may want to look at these sample configs:

http://juniperguru.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/srx-chassis-cluster-with-redundant-lacp-lag-trunk/