[j-nsp] CoS and ingress traffic with DSCP markings

Dave Bell me at geordish.org
Wed Jan 22 12:07:06 EST 2014

Hi John,

As far as I'm aware, when traffic hits the box, it has to be put into a
forwarding class. If you have not defined any, it will drop into the
default forwarding class. There are commands you can run that will show you
what forwarding classes are attached to your interfaces - I can't remember
them off the top of my head though!

If you do have rewrite rules on egress, then you will likely mark it to DF
as you were seeing. It sounds like you have hit the nail on the head.

Dave