[j-nsp] Loopback VPN termination High End SRX

Bao Nguyen ngqbao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:19:54 EST 2014

This have been posted before but on the "high-end" SRX such as 3600 you can
not terminate IKE on lo0 [1]

"On branch SRX Series devices, the lo0 pseudointerface can be configured in
any redundancy group; for example, RG0, RG1, RG2, and so on. However, on
high-end SRX Series devices, the lo0 pseudointerface cannot be configured
in RG0 when it is used as an IKE gateway external interface. Because a VPN
is only supported in an active-passive HA environment on high-end SRX
Series devices, the lo0 pseudointerface can be configured in such a setup
for RG1. In a HA setup, the node on which the external interface is active
selects an SPU to anchor the VPN tunnel. IKE and IPsec packets are
processed on that SPU. Thus an active external interface decides the anchor
SPU."

[1]
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1x45/topics/concept/security-loopback-interface-ha-for-vpn.html

-bn