[j-nsp] batch on junos ?

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Fri Jan 31 10:27:08 EST 2014

Depending on your purpose and whether this is a one-off or a
continuing need, JUNOS has a number of tools to help you.

For a simple command, others have already pointed out that
you can pipe commands to ssh.  You can also use a command
line to give multiple commands:

    ssh my-router "configure; set system host-name foo; commit"

For a longer-term need, you can make scripts using the JUNOS Automation
features (notably "op" scripts):

    var $connection = jcs:open();
    var $configuration = <configuration> {
        <system> {
            <host-name> "foo";
        }
    }
    var $res = jcs:load-configuration($connection, $configuration);

The "jcs:load-configuration" template will load and commit the
contents of the $configuration variable.

For more information, see the "Recommended Reading" sidebar on:

     https://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/junos/script-automation/

Also note that you can now run script in SLAX (the language used for
on-box scripting) using the "juise" package (github.com/Juniper/juise).

Thanks,
 Phil