[j-nsp] warning: dhcp-service subsystem not running - not needed by configuration

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Mon Jul 7 06:40:38 EDT 2014

Hi Victor,

There are actually two completely different DHCP daemons in Junos now - dhcpd and jdhcpd.

When you configure statements under system / services / dhcp you are using dhcpd and will need to use:

show system services dhcp server binding
restart dhcp

When you configure statements under system / services / dhcp-local-server you are affecting jdhcpd and need to use:

show dhcp server binding
restart dhcp-service

The two are mutually exclusive (for obvious reasons).

Cheers,

Ben