[j-nsp] EX2500 communication failure outside subnet

Scott Harvanek scott.harvanek at login.com
Mon Jul 7 12:35:36 EDT 2014

DIsclaimer: I know the EX2500 is just a rebranded BLADE/IBM switch.

Randomly the switch has refused to speak outside of its own subnet
EXCEPT for traceroute/telnet/www.

Fails: Ping, SNMP

Works: Traceroute, Telnet, WWW

E.g.: I can only ping within the subnet, nothing more and SNMP is
unresponsive outside of the subnet.

Does anyone have any idea or experienced this before where stuff is like
halfway working? I assume the only corrective action I really have is a
reboot but if someone else has seen this, please do share.

Juniper Networks EX2500 10GbE Switch
Software Version 3.1R2, Boot Version 3.1R2, active config block

--
Scott H.