[j-nsp] MX80 stops forwarding after enabling inline flow sampling

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Wed Jul 9 14:58:23 EDT 2014

Hi,
	I have an interesting problem.  I have an MX80 where I wish to enable inline flow sampling.  I used the kb entry as a template and configured.  When setting the table size the PFE rebooted which is expected but when it came back online forwarding stopped.  I rebooted again and had the same issue with the exception of after about 20 minutes forwarding started to work.  Looking at the logs there seemed to be throttles from the kernel to the PFE and issues that look like ipsec trying to find a phase 2 policy that might have been causing the delay.  However, ipsec isn’t enabled on this box and there is an actual ACL that should block ipsec sessions from establishing so I think this might be a false signal.  Anyone ever see this sort of long delay or have any ideas where I should look further.  I’ve engaged TAC but am looking for things to test in the mean time independently.  Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

Thanks
Scott