[j-nsp] QinQ interface configuration question

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 04:27:36 EDT 2014

On 20 July 2014 18:47,  <sthaug at nethelp.no> wrote:
> Regarding the comment in a different reply, "Having the same inner and
> outer tag means there is no way to differentiate between the incoming
> frames" - I'm afraid I don't see the problem. You lookup the outer
> VLAN tag and then you lookup the inner VLAN tag.

What I meant by that comment was - yes you can use QinQ with the same
SVLAN and CVLAN tags but you can only have that combination once per
interface. All the other scenarios of changing SVLANs or CVLANs or
changing both S&CVLANs allows for differentiating between subscribers
or services. There isn't much poing in usnig QinQ just to use the same
S&CVLAN on an interface. You limit your self :)

Cheers,
James.