[j-nsp] M7i LNS - setting a firewall filter with a RADIUS attribute

Octavio Alfageme octavio.alfageme at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 03:07:18 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

We have several M7is acting as LNSs and running JunOS 11.1R3.5, release
that didn’t support dynamic-profiles for L2TP.  I want to set different
input firewall filters for subscribers according to their respective RADIUS
profile. A sample firewall filter would be as simple as:

family inet {

    filter 101 {

        interface-specific;

        term forbidden {

            from {

                address {

                    X.X.X.X/X;

                }

            }

            then {

                reject;

            }

        }

        term default-term {

            then accept;

        }

    }

}

May you, please, tell me which RADIUS attribute to use in an M7i not using
dynamic-profiles? I’ve checked the documentation and seen different VSAs
like Ingress-poliy-name, Unisphere- Ingress-poliy-name or
Juniper-Firewall-filter-name, but I’m not sure about which one to use.

Thanks in advance

Octavio