[j-nsp] EX4550 apparently dropping IPv6 RA

Benoit Plessis b.plessis at doyousoft.com
Mon Jun 16 08:31:28 EDT 2014

Hi,

It won't help you i fear but i did see exactly the same defect on some
other concurrent platform (cisco 3560G).

With the latest IOS software (15.x) a 3560G unit in L3 mode does
correctly send RA and reply to RS, but the same
unit in L2 mode between a router and a server fail to deliver RA/RS
messages ...
"Normal" IPv6 trafic correctly flow thru the 3560G in L2 however.

Downgrading the L2 unit to a 12.xx release did solve the problem, and
also did replacing the 3560G
by a 2960G even in IOS 15.

Looks like some packet handling code isn't correctly de-activated.