[j-nsp] Junos 12.3 more strict about 3rd party optics?

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Tue Jun 24 10:46:51 EDT 2014

Most 3rd party vendor's lock down the A0 part of the SFP+, so you cant
change values there. Try asking your vendor if they can provide A0
unlocked SFP+...usually they will be a bit more expensive. If they dont
want to offer them just choose another supplier...there are plenty.
Having a SFP+ EEPROM writer can be very handy, in case you are having
problems with vendor XY locking down their routers/switches etc.
And dont go with "pay as you write" SFP eeprom writers which are tied to
certain companys.