[j-nsp] Multicast/Broadcast Packets going to EX CPU

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Thu Mar 6 10:41:17 EST 2014

Sebastian,

No, you are not alone on this issue.

For a little more context, I have seen the same type of behavior
associated with Apple Bonjour traffic related to
Multicast DNS reported on this thread in November, 2013:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nsp/juniper/48269?do=post_view_flat#48269

Currently, we are implementing ways of limiting multicast.  I am aware
that this is more of a "bandaid" approach, but I have never heard a
completely satisfactory explanation or solution for this behavior on the
EX platform.

If anyone comes up with some good answers, please inform the list.

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary