[j-nsp] Config ordering of security address-book and address-set members

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 05:02:04 EST 2014

Does anyone know why JunOS on SRX doesn't apply alphabetical ordering
for address-book members and address-set members? It seems rather
pointless to have them ordered by insert order, since they don't have
precedence - that all happens inside the policies.

(We care because we have similar configs on multiple firewalls and a
"check/compare" diff; so I had to write a Junoscript job to reorder them
via a commit in order for the diff not to slowly grow)