[j-nsp] EX4550 and 3rd Party SFP-1GE-LX

Emil Katzarski ekatzarski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:43:05 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I just hit something similar. I inserted 10 third party SFP+ modules in an
EX4550 switch. Two of them just didn't come up. When inserted in other
ports they are running again. So now I have two ports not operational.
As I have never used these ports before I decided it is a hardware issue
with the switch itself but it seems I'm wrong.

Does anybody know of a software version that handles this problem better? I
have 12.2R1 there.