[j-nsp] SRX100 LDAP

Per Westerlund p1 at westerlund.se
Wed Mar 19 08:42:34 EDT 2014

I was a but quick, the configuration under [edit access] is not the same on EX and SRX (of the versions I have).

Here is a working setup, although I am using RADIUS instead of LDAP. As long as you get the server details correct, that should not matter; they are both external authentication servers.

I have tried this both with FTP (text-based pass-through) as well as with HTTP (pass-through with web redirect). The crucial thing for me was the interface setting (fe-0/0/1); I had to set up a different address for the web authentication. Without that, I would only get the J-web login page instead.

/Per

(Not the complete config, just the relevant parts)

system {
    services {
        web-management {
            http;
        }
    }
}
interfaces {
    fe-0/0/0 {
        description "ex1, ge-0/0/4, server network (untrust)";
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                address 172.16.10.1/24;
            }
        }
    }
    fe-0/0/1 {
        description "ex1, ge-0/0/5, client network (trust)";
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                address 172.16.1.1/24 {
                    preferred;
                }
                address 172.16.1.2/24 {
                    web-authentication http;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
security {
    policies {
        from-zone trust to-zone untrust {
            policy trust-to-untrust {
                match {
                    source-address any;
                    destination-address any;
                    application any;
                }
                then {
                    permit {
                        firewall-authentication {
                            pass-through {
                                access-profile TPAD;
                                web-redirect;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    zones {
        security-zone trust {
            host-inbound-traffic {
                system-services {
                    http;
                }
            }
            interfaces {
                fe-0/0/1.0;
            }
        }
        security-zone untrust {
            interfaces {
                fe-0/0/0.0;
            }
        }
    }
}
access {
    profile TPAD {
        authentication-order radius;
        radius-server {
            192.168.0.149 secret "$9$eqBML7wYojHm-VHmfT/9evW"; ## SECRET-DATA
        }
    }
    firewall-authentication {
        pass-through {