[j-nsp] J2300/J4300 FPCs cannot go online

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Fri Mar 28 18:44:40 EDT 2014

Ive just tried this on my J2300 running 9.3r4.4.

The certificate now appears, unlike before when nothing appeared:

root> show system certificate
Certificate identifier: FeatureLicense-v4

However my FPC is still seemingly refusing to come online:

root> show chassis fpc detail
Slot 0 information:
  State                               Offline
  Reason                              Chassis connection dropped

root> request chassis fpc slot 0 online
FPC 0 is in transition, try again

The instructions dont seem to indicate whether anything further from
adding the new certificate needs to be done. I tried a couple of
reboots, and that didnt seem to help. Any clues?