[j-nsp] Least impactful way to migrate from private ASN to public ASN

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Mar 29 15:23:15 EDT 2014

On Friday, March 28, 2014 10:05:56 PM Andy Litzinger wrote:

> With respect to configuration changes on the MX80s, what
> is the least impactful way to move from the private ASN
> to the public?

Since you have two routers, each with its own link to the
upstream and to your core, easiest way (for me) is to put
one router into maintenance mode, take it offline, work on
it, return it to service and then repeat for the 2nd router.

I'd disable iBGP first, though, just to keep your migration
simple. You can bring it back up once you've finished
migrating the 2nd router.

Mark.