[j-nsp] Route capacity EX4550

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri May 2 17:49:03 EDT 2014

Host routes (ARP/L3 Gateway functionality) are also in the same space
FYI.  IIRC for the 4550 this is 14k total.  (Check the datasheet to be
sure).  You can tell how much your using by using an undocumented
command  - start a shell and do

cprod -A fpc0 -c "show route ip table"

You're looking at default.0 (unless you've got routing-instances or
similar, then, I'll leave that up to you to find the correct ones for
your routing instances) - it's roughly equivalent to the total of show
route summary + show route forwarding-table summary.

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Morgan McLean <wrx230 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody know what sort of routes an EX4550 could take? Can't find much on
> their specs aside from 2gb memory. Would probably be in a VC setup.
>
> Considering taking partials or just using two defaults for a customer that
> wants to announce ip space and have a couple providers -- they only push
> maybe 100mbit so no use in getting new gear.
>
> Thanks,
> Morgan

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler