[j-nsp] interface used on mini-PIM modules on Juniper SRX platform

Michael Dale mdale at dalegroup.net
Mon May 5 19:20:33 EDT 2014

I believe it is PCI (which is part of the reason that gigabit throughput over this interface is not always full gigabit).

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/pim_guide/pim_guide.pdf
The mini-PIM interface is the same as on the old SSGs, at least I was able to get my ADSL mini-pim from my SSG20 to work in my SRX210, although officially not supported.
Michael.

Martin T <m4rtntns at gmail.com> , 6/5/2014 8:31 AM:
Hi,

has anyone investigated what interface is used in case of mini-PIM
modules? Physically it looks similar to 68-pin SCSI-3 connector:
http://i.imgur.com/UxhCS6g.jpg Do they use some proprietary protocol
or is it indeed SCSI? It would probably appear in kernel message
buffer(seen with dmesg/"show system boot-messages") when SRX is booted
up with mini-PIM inserted, but unfortunately I don't have any modules
around.

regards,
Martin