[j-nsp] interface used on mini-PIM modules on Juniper SRX platform

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:22:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

on the other hand, for example SRX240 seems to use either Cavium
CN5220 or CN5230 SoC("OCTEON 52XX CPU" according to dmesg) which does
not seem to support PCI(http://www.cavium.com/OCTEON-Plus_CN52XX.html)
while according to mini-PIM compatibility matrix, SRX240 is able to
use same mini-PIMs as SRX210. However, I'm afraid that PCI interface
is just missing on CN52XX block diagram as according to SRX240 kernel
message buffer, it seems to have PCI controller:

pcib1: Initialized controller
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib1
pcib2: <PCI-PCI bridge> irq 0 at device 0.0 on pci0
pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib2
pci1: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.0 (no driver attached)
pci1: <network> at device 7.0 (no driver attached)
pcib0: <Cavium on-chip PCIe HOST bridge> on obio0
pci2: <PCI bus> on pcib0
pci2: <processor> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

Long story short, I would also think that mini-PIM's use PCI interface.

regards,
Martin