[j-nsp] BRAS IPv4/IPv6 Combined Policer & RADIUS Attributes

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Sun Nov 2 17:51:19 EST 2014

Hi Darren,

> Our requirement is per below. For example, the bandwidth package is 5Mbps.
> The IPv4 & IPv6 should be policed jointly to bandwidth of 5Mbps rather than
> individual IPv4 or IPv6 family policing. If policing is done individually
> for IPv4 (5Mbps) and for IPv6 (5Mbps), the user is getting bandwidth of
> 10Mbps jointly  which we tried to avoid.

Modify your PPPoE template so that you're applying the filter under "$junos-interface-unit" rather than the address family:

PPPOE-IP-PROFILE {
    interfaces {
        pp0 {
            unit "$junos-interface-unit" {
                ppp-options {
                    pap;
                }
                pppoe-options {
                    underlying-interface "$junos-underlying-interface";
                    server;
                }
                filter {
                    input 5m;
                    output 5m;
                }
                family inet {
                    unnumbered-address "$junos-loopback-interface";
                }
                family inet6 {
                    unnumbered-address "$junos-loopback-interface";
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

That will police regardless of the underlying address family.

Cheers,

Ben