[j-nsp] EX4550 L2Circuit/VPN to MX80/lt Interface

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 12 10:04:50 EST 2014

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 04:44:21 PM 👪Karl Brumund -
lists wrote:

> They are still limited. Merchant silicon.  Not even close
> to MX capabilities. Proceed with caution. We tried using
> them as full PEs in $previous_job and it was just
> trouble. Limited routes, can’t leak connected routes to
> another RI, and basically dead when J killed the
> next-gen cards. Good, fast, cheap. Pick any 2.  And on a
> bad day, you’re lucky to get one.

If you're trying to make a router out of something that
looks like a switch, the Cisco ME3600X is hard to beat.

Brocade's NetIron's were very promising when I last tested
them.

ALU have a good product, but hardware layout is still an
issue for me in this space.

Juniper have continued to come short in this area. And no,
the ACX doesn't cut it.

Mark.