[j-nsp] ACX is just not there (was Re: EX4550 L2Circuit/VPN to MX80/lt Interface)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Nov 13 15:09:22 EST 2014

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 08:02:19 PM Daniel Verlouw
wrote:

> vRR ? We’re about to re-evaluate our RR deployment and
> going ‘virtual / PC-based’ is certainly high on our
> list. Too bad there's hardly any info on vRR around, or
> I'm looking in the wrong place (which is not terribly
> hard after yet another poor redesign of jnpr.net....)

When I was testing it I found it too slow, and most of the
coolness we wanted was coming later in 14.x.

CSR1000v was a lot quicker (we deployed it in ESXi) and the
feature set was where we wanted it.

My guess is vRR is good to go now.

I'd certainly not be spending money on a real router for
route reflection, particularly if you are inclined to only
running Junos for this.

Mark.