[j-nsp] Cisco to Juniper, route based IPSec VPN

Paulhamus, Jon jpaulhamus at IU17.ORG
Fri Nov 21 13:10:22 EST 2014

Here is a working config from an SRX connecting to a Cisco 2911 behind NAT - GRE over IPSec.  Some things removed - snipped out. IP's changed etc.

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 description ***INSIDE***
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 192.168.1.254/24
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 description ***TUNNEL***
set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 tunnel source 10.250.1.2
set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 tunnel destination 10.250.1.1
set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 192.168.25.2/30
set interfaces fe-0/0/7 description ***OUTSIDE***
set interfaces fe-0/0/7 unit 0 family inet address 1.2.3.4/30
set interfaces lo0 unit 0 family inet address 127.0.0.1/32
set interfaces lo0 unit 0 family inet address 10.250.1.2/32
set interfaces st0 unit 0 family inet
set routing-options static route 10.250.1.1/32 next-hop st0.0
set routing-options static route 10.250.1.1/32 no-readvertise
set protocols ospf area 0.0.0.1 interface gr-0/0/0.0 interface-type p2p
set protocols ospf area 0.0.0.1 interface ge-0/0/0.0
set security ike proposal IKE-PROPOSAL authentication-method pre-shared-keys
set security ike proposal IKE-PROPOSAL dh-group group2
set security ike proposal IKE-PROPOSAL authentication-algorithm sha1
set security ike proposal IKE-PROPOSAL encryption-algorithm 3des-cbc
set security ike proposal IKE-PROPOSAL lifetime-seconds 86400
set security ike policy IKE-POLICY proposals IKE-PROPOSAL
set security ike policy IKE-POLICY pre-shared-key ascii-text "PRESHAREDKEY"
set security ike gateway GATEWAY ike-policy IKE-POLICY
set security ike gateway GATEWAY address 5.6.7.8
set security ike gateway GATEWAY external-interface fe-0/0/7.0
set security ike gateway GATEWAY general-ikeid
set security ipsec proposal IPSEC-PROPOSAL protocol esp
set security ipsec proposal IPSEC-PROPOSAL authentication-algorithm hmac-md5-96
set security ipsec proposal IPSEC-PROPOSAL encryption-algorithm 3des-cbc
set security ipsec proposal IPSEC-PROPOSAL lifetime-seconds 3600
set security ipsec policy IPSEC-POLICY proposals IPSEC-PROPOSAL
set security ipsec vpn COMPANY bind-interface st0.0
set security ipsec vpn COMPANY ike gateway GATEWAY
set security ipsec vpn COMPANY ike proxy-identity local 10.250.1.2/32
set security ipsec vpn COMPANY ike proxy-identity remote 10.250.1.1/32
set security ipsec vpn COMPANY ike ipsec-policy IPSEC-POLICY
set security ipsec vpn COMPANY establish-tunnels immediately
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone INSIDE policy default-permit match source-address any
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone INSIDE policy default-permit match destination-address any
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone INSIDE policy default-permit match application any
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone INSIDE policy default-permit then permit
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone OUTSIDE policy default-permit match source-address any
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone OUTSIDE policy default-permit match destination-address any
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone OUTSIDE policy default-permit match application any
set security policies from-zone INSIDE to-zone OUTSIDE policy default-permit then permit
set security zones security-zone OUTSIDE interfaces fe-0/0/7.0 host-inbound-traffic system-services dhcp
set security zones security-zone OUTSIDE interfaces fe-0/0/7.0 host-inbound-traffic system-services ping
set security zones security-zone OUTSIDE interfaces fe-0/0/7.0 host-inbound-traffic system-services ike
set security zones security-zone OUTSIDE interfaces fe-0/0/7.0 host-inbound-traffic system-services ssh
set security zones security-zone INSIDE host-inbound-traffic system-services all
set security zones security-zone INSIDE host-inbound-traffic protocols all
set security zones security-zone INSIDE interfaces ge-0/0/0.0
set security zones security-zone INSIDE interfaces lo0.0
set security zones security-zone INSIDE interfaces st0.0
set security zones security-zone INSIDE interfaces gr-0/0/0.0